<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14201314?origin\x3dhttp://apairofhsus.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Google
 
Web apairofhsus.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Out of Africa

One week ago, I was admitted to a Zambian hospital with a high fever and severe diarrhea. The two nigts I spent there -- and the accompanying treatment for malaria, typhoid, and giardia -- among the most horrific experieces I've been through.

And so we leave Africa not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Next stop: Australia

-Ian

5 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're out of there. let me know when you get to au.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, how scary! I'm so glad that you're ok.

Kristen

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. Paul and I are really enjoying reading about your adventures -- and also enjoying hearing about them from both of you. You both write so well but so differently!
With love
Thea & Paul

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your latest entry to John and he said we had to leave you a note right this instant to let you know our thoughts are with you (and that, despite the latest "adventure", we are still so envious of you guys!). - Kara-Leigh

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts for a while - I hope that you are both well, and fully recovered! I've been enjoying your blog alot. Take care of yourselves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home